Preparing for Your Family Photoshoot
Thank you for having me capture your family’s memories. To help you prepare for the shoot, here are some tips:
- Please prepare two sets of outfits for the shoot, including a casual option. You might want to consider going with a theme (complementary colours, pattern, hobbies, wacky).
- Be mindful to dress for the weather – avoid outfits that change colour when wet (i.e., sweat stains!)
- Choose clothes that are comfortable and will allow you to bend and twist.
- If there might be accessories of significant meaning, it would be nice to include them in the shoot too.
- Think about the type of shots you want.
- Make your hair and beauty appointments before your session.
- Have a light meal before the shoot, and to have drinks and snacks on hand especially for little children.
- If we are shooting in your home, please remove things you don’t want appearing in your photos.
- Relax and have fun! I will guide you through the posed photos, and will also capture natural family interactions, documentary style.